What happens if the death occurs where there is no Australian diplomatic representation?

Not all countries have an Australian diplomatic or consular post but there is usually an Australian post in the region. Under a consular agreement between Australia and Canada there are a number of locations where Australians have access to consular services through embassies and high commissions managed by the Canadian Government. Informal arrangements also exist with other consular services, including those of the United Kingdom and the United States of America, to lend assistance to Australians in need.

Address and telephone numbers of Australian embassies, high commissions and consulates can be found at www.dfat.gov.au/missions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.